Are you interested in fostering a dog?
We are always looking for fosters homes in the Dayton, Ohio area for the dogs that we rescue.
Please read the requirements, then submit an application. Thanks for your support!
A Foster Home is a temporary home for a dog until our organization finds a permanent home for the dog.
Thank you for offering to become a foster home for our organization! To be considered as a foster home for our organization, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- If you rent your home, you must have consent from your landlord to have a dog.
- Have all pets in the home spayed or neutered, if they are 6 months or older, unless there are medical reasons for not doing so.
- Have all pets in the home up to date on vaccinations.
- Agree to have a home visit done by one of our volunteers. The volunteer will need to see the areas of the home where the dog will be allowed, and also visit with family members and current pets. Distance is a factor in whether or not the required home visit can be completed.
- Agree to have the dog wear a Paw Patrol ID tag on its collar at all times when in public or outdoors.
- Agree to never allow the foster dog to be off leash when it is outdoors, unless it is in a securely fenced in area.
- Agree to have the foster dog reside in the home, not outside. The foster dog may NOT be left outdoors if you are not at home. This includes outdoor kennel runs.
- Agree to never allow foster dog to be left unattended with young children. Do you think you have what it takes to foster a dog?